Using this website
This web site is run by Woodham Walter Parish Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to access the content on this site.
This includes those with:
- impaired vision
- motor difficulties
- cognitive impairments or learning disabilities
- deafness or impaired hearing
How accessible is this website
Woodham Walter Parish is relatively small and it would be a disproportionate burden to attempt to align the site to any recognised standards. The volunteers and staff who develop and maintain the site use best endeavours to keep the content accessible.
As much as possible, the following are taken in to account:
- Navigate the site with only a keyboard (Tab, Shift-Tab and Return.)
- Use of the site by screen readers
- Using proper headings, rather than just bold text
- Creating PDF files, where the source is available, as text, not images
- Inclusion of a search function
- Pages that are compatible with web browser functionality, such as zooming in and colour changes
- Avoiding popup screens
- Designing navigation so it is clear without reference to visual elements
- Avoiding non-descriptive links, for example, ‘Click Here’ or ‘More Information.’
- Including text descriptions for non-decorative images and videos (Alt text)
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you have problems viewing this web site, please do not hesitate to contact the Parish Clerk and they will endeavour to supply the information in a format that is more acceptable.
Third Party Content
Some of the documents on this site are provided by others. The format of these documents is outside the control of the Council.
Web Browser Features
All up to date, mainstream, web browsers include accessibility features within the browser. These include features such as changing the colours and the font sizes.
Most personal computer browsers on Windows and on Apple Mac OS, support keyboard commands to zoom the browser in and out:
(hold down control key and press plus or scroll wheel)
(hold down control key and press minus or scroll wheel)
|Reset to |
(hold down control key and press zero)
The following are instructions for some of the more popular web browsers and computers. They show how to adjust configurations to view web pages to suit your needs:
The following sites have extensive accessibility information: